Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Others - Must-see

Today I went by Jenny’s house today to hang out and we decided to watch a movie. We wanted to see The Others for some time now so this was our chance.

I have say, I was expecting to see a ghost movie that will make it difficult to close my eyes at night without a final glimpse towards the window. Well, once again I was proven wrong. I don’t mean to say the movie is bad, far from it, but it wasn’t what I expected it to be. It has a couple of twists and turns that will make you smile in a creepy way.

What can I say? I liked it, quite a lot actually; especially because it gives a new perspective, making it unique in its own way. We all saw scary ghost movies and know them inside out, this one is different, it is in a league all of its own. I don’t really want to tell you why I say that because it might ruin the movie for you; although I doubt it.

The way Nicole Kidman plays it’s beyond words; she really is one of my favorite actresses. Along with Fionnula Flanagan (which also is a great actress) and a well written script makes this movie a modern day classic; but don’t take my word for it, see the 7.8 rating on imdb and the Golden Globe nominee, or just see it yourself and make your own ideas about it.

2 comments:

art linux said...

already watch this movie.... shocking ending right? :D

John said...

yea the ending is sick

Post a Comment