Saturday, May 29, 2010

Precious

I was a bit busy and still am so I won't be posting that often.
I saw Precious a week ago. I was attracted by the title, an illiterate teen who is pregnant and overweight. I thought to myself "This is the worst thing that could happen to somebody", but the movie made me reconsider it. I haven't read the book unfortunately, but I will definitely do it once I get the chance. The story, as I told you earlier is about an overweight(although overweight is a weak word, more like obese)teen that gets pregnant with her second child and gets kicked off from school. The movie is very well made. The mother character is great, it makes you want to hate her, but you also understand her misery somehow. I loved the reality of the movie, it's not about the suburban hot girl that becomes a princess, it's about the real not so attractive girl who dreams of becoming a princess and gets hit by life. I know that terrible things happen to people, especially poor people living in terrible conditions; also I know that poverty makes people crazy and this movie shows that very good.
If you get the chance, watch the movie. You won't be disappointed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment